Chevy 1955-1985 Aluminum 153 Tooth Flywheel
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
By installing a lightweight aluminum flywheel, you automatically bolt on up to 15 horsepower to the wheels. Your engine will reach higher RPMs quicker, due to lighter rotating mass.
- Manufactured from 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- Can be used with any type of clutch friction material
- Locked locating dowel pins
- SFI approved
- Works with 10-1/2" (10.4") Diaphragm or Borg & Beck pressure plates
- Weighs 10.84 lbs
- 12 7/8" in diameter
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
ARP Fasteners 130-2201 Chevy Pressure Plate BoltsPrice: $14.99More InfoCompare
Quick Time RM-6010 Chevy Steel Trans Bellhousing, Hydraulic LinkagePrice: $469.99More InfoCompare
Ram Clutches 1510-10 55-85 Chevy Light Billet Steel Flywheel-153 ToothMore InfoCompare
ARP Fasteners 200-2802 Chevy Flywheel BoltsMore InfoCompare
The importance of pressure plate bolts in a racing or hi-performance street application cannot be emphasized nearly enough. These fasteners play a key role in both the performance and safety of a vehicle. Because of this, ARP has developed these special High Performance Series pressure plate bolts that are application specific to ensure the optimum grip length.
- Made from a premium grade chromoly
- Hardened to a nominal tensile strength of 180,000 psi
- Large diameter, low-profile design
- 9/16" head
- Complete with washers
Item Details3/8"-16 Thread
These strong, lightwieght steel bellhousings from Quick Time are just the ticket for installing a manual transmission behind your Small Block or Big Block Chevy V-8. The compact design allows the bellhousings to fit in tight quarters while still accommodating a 10-1/2" clutch. Must be used with a hyraulic throwout clutch release bearing and a mini starter.
- Lightest steel bellhousing available anywhere
- Cone is spun (not rolled or stamped) for extreme dimensional stability
- High grade steel — work hardens to over 80,000 PSI strength
- Over 2 times the strength of any other steel bellhousing
- Engine = Small Block Chevy, Big Block Chevy, LT1
- Trans. = Muncie, Richmond, Saginaw, Falcon, Bert, Jerico 4-5 Speed, Brinn, Chevy TKO 500/600, BW-T10
- Max Clutch Diameter = 10.5"
- Flywheel = 153 tooth
- Drilled for most major throwout bearings
- Passed SFI testing
- Engine plate and grade 8 bolts included
- Must use mini starter
Fits common GM transmisson bolt pattern. Includes lower flywheel cover and grade 8 bolts. Only 21 lbs.
Item DetailsHydraulic release bearing
These Ram 10 lb. racing flywheels are made of billet steel, not a cast stock piece cut down. Will work with 10.5" B&B or diaphram style pressure plates. These flywheels MUST use a solid hub friction plate (sprung hubs will not clear).
Terms and Policy (PDF)
Note: This flywheel requires very short bolts for mounting, as it is very 'thin' in the center. Use ARP flexplate bolts # 101-2002902.
Flywheel bolts play an important role in the performance and safety of race cars and street machines alike. That’s why the fastener experts at ARP develop special bolts that are far superior to OEM hardware. Forged from aerospace alloy and heat-treated prior to thread rolling and machining.
Fits Chevrolet 90° V6 & 265-454 Chevy V8 with 2-pc rear seal. Set of 6 bolts.
- Exclusive, flat, 12-point head design
- Larger than stock shank diameter for increased strength and improved flywheel register
- Originally developed for NASCAR Winston Cup competition
- Has a 200,000 psi rating