Carter P4259 6 Volt Electric Fuel Pumps
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Carter rotary vane universal electric fuel pumps were originally created for military use. This time-tested design has been in production longer than any other Carter model. Rotating vanes driven by a heavy-duty wet six volt motor deliver 5-3/4 PSI max pressure and a flow rate up to 72 GPH. This provides excellent lift and prime capability when the pump is mounted below the lowest point of the fuel tank at the rear of the car.
The inlet and outlet ports are 1/4" NPT. The pump comes with two 1/4" NPT to 3/8" hose barb adapters, two short electric leads, and a mounting bracket with rubber isolators.
- 6 volt electric motor
- Operates on positive or negative ground
- Rated at 72 GPH and 5-3/4 psi max pressure
- Includes barbs for 3/8" hose and mounting bracket
- Suitable for most RV, marine, agricultural, industrial and performance applications
You may also be interested in:
Optima Batteries 6V-1050 6-Volt BatteryMore Info
6-Volt Alternator for Wide 5/8 Inch BeltMore Info
Discover the revolutionary new technology that has changed the way the world looks at batteries: Optima's famous Spiralcell Technology. These batteries last 2-3 times longer than other batteries and are 100% maintenance free. Plus, with the unique sealed design, you can mount them in any position.
- Strongest 5 second starting burst
- Up to 2x longer life
- More than 15x the vibration resistance
- Completely spill-proof, mountable in many positions
- Maintenance free
- Faster recharging capabilities
- Optimal starting power, regardless of temperature
If you are still running the 6-volt system on your car, truck or even tractor, the generator is your weak point. Even at highway speed that old generator cannot put out enough to keep up with the lights, heater motor and radio. This alternator puts out 60 amps at 7.5 volts at highway speeds, up to 30 amps at idle, and has the regulator built in. It includes the required plug and can be installed on almost any engine by modifying or purchasing a new mounting bracket.