Steve Smith Autosports S289 Book - Building the Mustang Mini Stock
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
A step-by-step buildup of a Mustang Mini Stock project car. Provides detailed instruction on how to build you own race car.
- Finding a suitable car
- Stripping the car
- Installing a roll cage
- Working with a unibody chassis
- Using a McPherson strut front suspension
- Designing the front suspension geometry
- Working with the stock 4-point rear suspension and coil springs
- Complete race car fabrication and preparation
- Complete chassis setup and alignment
- Scaling the car and adjusting the weight
- Chassis adjustments and troubleshooting
- Ford 2300cc performance engine build-up
- For dirt and paved tracks
Very well written, details that even a n
- ALL GOOD
- some dated info but very useful info...
Great learning book
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Steve Smith Autosports S258 Book - Pony and Mini Stock RacingMore InfoCompare
Steve Smith Autosports V290 DVD - Building the Mustang Mini StockPrice: $39.99More InfoCompare
Steve Smith Autosports V292 Video - Building the Ford 2300 EnginePrice: $39.99More InfoCompare
If you are racing in these classes, you need this manual. Covers all aspects of this growing class. For dirt and paved tracks. Covers Pro-4s and tube chassis cars as well.
- Complete high-performance build-up of Ford 2300 cc engine
- Fabricating and prepping a Pinto chassis
- Scaling and adjusting the weight
- Detailed chassis setup specifications and procedures
- Front suspension with proper geometry
- Rear suspension and driveline
- Low buck part sources
- Chassis adjustment and troubleshooting
A step-by-step buildup of a Mustang Mini Stock project car. Steve Smith Autosports built a complete project car for the Building The Mustang Ministock book and captured the process onto DVD. Provides detailed instruction on how to build you own race car.
This comprehensive video offers easy-to-follow instructions on building and modifying the popular Ford 2300cc engine for Mini Stock Competition.
- Basic block prep
- Setting crankshaft clearances
- Setting rod clearances
- Installing rods, pistons and rings
- Prepping and CCing the head
- The valve train
- Camshaft degreeing
- Oiling system
- Ignition system
- Complete assembly