Budget 40-Amp Relay Kit
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Use this handy 40 amp relay to wire up your 12 volt horn, electric fuel pump, electric fan with sensor, shaved door handles, or whatever! Contains relay, plug, wire, and instructions.
The wiring would be as follows (included in kit instructions):
- Red Wire #30 Prong = main 12V power source
- Black Wire #85 Prong = Electric fan sensor OR low (oil) pressure switch OR grounding switch
- Blue Wire #86 Prong = 12V toggle switch OR ignition switch "ACC" terminal
- Yellow Wire #87 Prong = to fan or fuel pump + lead
- White Wire or Center Prong = not normally used
You may also be interested in:
Longacre 43600 Low Pressure Shut-Off SwitchMore Info
SPAL Thermoswitch Relay and Wiring Harness KitMore Info
Universal Relay for Fan/HornMore Info
Electric Fan Sensor, 1/2 NPTMore Info
Titan Tools 11477 Ratcheting Wire Terminal CrimperMore Info
Titan Tools 11475 Self Adjusting Wire StripperMore Info
This automatic shut-off switch shuts off the ignition or an electric fuel pump when pressure drops below 12 psi. Prevents engine damage, helps prevent fires, and keeps the motor from starting until oil-pressure rises. Should be used with a momentary bypass switch (913-64381).
This easy to use cooling fan relay kit includes a labeled wiring harness, 40 amp relay, fuse holder and coolant sensor. Available with 185° on/165° off or 195° on/175° off. Works great with the Spal Pulse-Width Fan Controller.
- Relay wiring kits are a must-have when installing an electric fan
- Designed to safely integrate with OEM wiring
- Waterproof 40/50 Amp relay
- Printed wires (for ease of installation)
- 3/8" NPT (National Pipe Thread) stainless steel switch
- Optional switched override capability
This heavy duty relay takes the heavy-amp load off the switch, thus preventing an overheated circuit and a possible wiring harness fire. Works well with electric fans and horn circuits too. 30 amp relay.
The wiring for the relay is as follows:
- Short Red Wire (from relay post 87) = power lead to horn or fan
- Long Red Wire (from relay post 30) = main power supply in
- Short Black Wire (from relay post 85) = makes ground connection thru a temp sensitive switch or a grounding horn button
- Long Gray Wire (from relay post 86) = connects to switched 12 volt power (like ignition switch) so horn or fan turns on/off with key
Includes relay, circuit breaker, wire, terminals and instructions.
This trick electric fan switch is a normally open temperature switch with 1/2" NPT male threads that screws into your intake manifolds water passage. When the coolant reaches 185°-215°, the contacts on the cooling fan switch close, activating a relay which directs current to your electric fan. When the engine cools, the contacts on the fan relay switch open, and the fan stops automatically. This radiator fan switch arrangement is not adjustable, but is more rugged than other temperature fan switch setups.
NOTE: This thermal fan switch must be used with a fan relay. If installed as a gounding fan switch, it will burn out. We suggest using this temperature fan switch with our relay 910-64044. Make sure the fan switch is mounted in the manifold or radiator tank so that the bulb is submerged in the HOT engine coolant.
910-64013 Instructions (PDF)
- Ratcheting mechanism design
- Adjustable crimping compression
- Steel jaw
- Color coded wire sizes
- Red 22-18AWG-DIN 0.5-1.0mm
- Blue 16-14AWG-DIN 1.5-2.5mm
- Yellow 12-10AWG-DIN 4-6mm
- Automatically adjusts to strip 24 - 10 AWG wire and cable
- Crimps 22 -10 AWG insulated and non-insulated wire terminals
- Crimps 7 - 8mm ignition terminals
- Wire cutter
- Comfortable TPR hand grips