Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, AHC Coated
These fender well headers provide the ultimate performance for 396-502 big block Chevy V8s in 1955-57 Chevy car applications. They kick up over the frame rail and exit just at the bottom of the cowl, which makes them perfect for Gasser-style rods and drag cars. These headers feature long primary tubes that help produce more horsepower and torque than shorter, more compact headers. Plus, the AHC ceramic coating provides additional horsepower gains along with decreased heat soak of other engine components.
These headers are not for the faint of heart since you must cut the inner fender panels to make them fit, and tire clearance can be a problem on some applications. They may require smaller front tires to avoid contact. The stock emergency brake rod must also be altered. Can be used with most oil filter systems or transmission and starter combinations. The headers are designed to be used with engines in the stock location, not lowered as many kits do, so all '55-'57 cars should check motor mount positioning before ordering.
- Header flange has 1-13/16” x 1-13/16" port size
- Will require fender well cutting or alteration
- 2" primary tube O.D.
- 32" primary tube length
- 3-1/2" collector tube O.D.
- Polished ceramic coated finish
- Includes bolts and gaskets
Header Dimensions (GIF)
Note: This header actually goes upward from the head instead of down before dropping over the frame rails. From the top of the head flange to the top of the tubes is approximately 9-1/2".
- These are universal-fit fenderwell steel tube headers for big block Chevy V8 engines. They will require cutting and altering inner fender panels. Tire clearance can be a problem on some applications. May require smaller front tires to avoid contact.
- Designed to be used with engine in stock location (relative to stock 1955-57 Chevy transmission position), not lowered as many kits do.
- The stock 1955-57 Chevy emergency brake rod must be altered. You may also have to modify your emergency brake cable.
- Can be used with most oil filter systems or transmission and starter combinations.
- This header actually goes upward from the head instead of down before dropping over the frame rails. From the top of the head flange to the top of the tubes is approximately 9-1/2".
Dimensions: From the top of the flange to the top of the tubes is 9-½”. Once leaving the ports, the tubes turn upwards and then out to clear frame and suspension. Dimension from block to furthest out point of collector is 25-¼”. Dimension from top of flange to bottom of collector is 5-½”. Dimension from front edge of flange to end of collector at rear is 29-¾”. These dimensions can be compared to your vehicle but should clear most big block application vehicles with normal engine location.
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300¢ª F.
AHC coated headers will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures above 1300 degrees. An excessively lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures over 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is burned (which will look like a dull gray) due to a lean condition, it is not warrantied, but the headers can be recoated.
More Like This
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Black Painted
Big Block Chevy Fenderwell Headers for 1955-57 Chevy, Chrome
1964-1974 Big Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy 1935-48 Fat Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy Sprint Style Headers, AHC Coated
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway Small Block Chevy IMCA Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway Stock Clip Small Block Chevy Headers, AHC Coated
Speedway Long Tube 1-3/4 In Modified Racing Headers, Armor Hot Coated
Q & A
Videos & Articles
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.