American Autowire 510105 1970-72 Chevelle Wiring Harness
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (2)
What's in the Box
InfoThis Classic Update harness from American Autowire directly replaces your cars old system with a modern fuse box and wires. Plus this kit allows you to add a cooling fan, third brake light, power windows, different guages or a better stereo. All your existing switches can be used as this harness has OEM style plugs.
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30amp circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal and hazard flashers are mounted on fuse panel. A new horn relay is mounted on the main dash harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1970-72 GM columns that use stock GM turn signal switches.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamps for use along with your original dome/interior lighting.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, VDO and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, stop and tail light lead wires with correct lamp sockets, terminals to mate with the license plate connection wire, side marker lead and ground wires with lamp sockets, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and tank connection.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included and allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internally regulated alternators. GM “CS” series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking and directional light connectors (lamp socket pigtails are also provided for 1971-72 applications) and terminals are provided along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc. packed into every aspect of this harness help make it the most complete system of its type in the industry!
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
You may also be interested in:
Speedway Deluxe 1964-74 GM Car Front Disc Brake KitView$249.99Compare
1964-1974 GM Disc Brake Booster Conversion Kit ComboView$249.99Compare
Currie 1968-72 GM A-Body 9 Inch Crate Rearend KitView$1,399.99Compare
Jim Osborn MP0176 72 Chevelle Wiring DiagramsView$6.99Compare
Jim Osborn MP0163 71 Chevelle Wiring DiagramsView$6.99Compare