ARP Main Bolts for Flathead Ford V8
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Your flathead Ford V8 is how many years old now? And you're thinking about reusing the main cap bolts? Forget it!
Years of service and re-torquing have undoubtedly fatigued your engine's original fasteners, so save yourself some grief by replacing them with new main cap bolts from ARP, the leader in automotive fastener technology. Sold in sets of six, these bolts have special washers and the strength you need to keep that Flathead together for decades to come.
- The industry standard for automotive fasteners
- Rolled threads, black oxide finish, ultra high tensile strength
- Each kit consists of six (6) bolts and hardened washers
Application1932-53 Flathead Ford and Mercury V-8 engines
- 1/2"-13 x 3" main bolts and hardened washers
You may also be interested in:
ARP Premium Rod Nuts for Flathead Ford V8Price: $19.99More Info
1939-48 Ford Flathead Main Cap SupportPrice: $49.99More Info
Elgin EPL-4 Assembly Lube, 4 Oz.Price: $5.99More Info
Repeated torquing of your rod nuts fatigues the threads. Don't take a chance – replace your Flathead Ford V8's old fasteners with the superior strength and quality of ARP rod nuts. ARP specialty hardware can be found in NASCAR, NHRA and IndyCar racing applications, so you can be sure it's strong enough for your flathead.
- Rolled threads, high strength steel, and black oxide finish
- A must when you rebuild your Flathead
- Castle nut design may differ slightly in appearance from OEM
- Fits '32-'53 Ford/Mercury V-8 engines using standard 3/8" rod bolts
- Original flathead bolts are non-serviceable and must be reused
- Set/16 nuts
If you're building a serious flathead for either street or racing, you need one of these flathead main cap supports. These supports include the support strap, spacers and new bolts for the center main cap. It adds an incredible amount of strength to the lower end. Can also be used on the front main cap but pan modification is required. Requires no machine work.
Eliminates galling, metal transfer and oil starvation during initial break-in. Adheres to metal surfaces, will not drain off. Apply to bearings, gears, crankshafts, cam lobes, valve stems, lifters and all mating parts with close tolerances.
For gas, alcohol and nitro engines.
Learn why using assembly lube is so important in our tech article, Installing New Hardware.