AFCO 20407 Ford 9 Inch Torque Link Brackets
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A
What's in the Box
- "Forward mount" design provides increased pull bar angle and forward bit during axle wrap-up and chassis lift over conventional mounting positions centered on axle
- -8 degree pinion angle allows torque link to be mounted 4" ahead and 12" above axle centerline
- Forward mounting reduces axle wrap-up from 25-33 percent, which provides consistent corner entry handling during axle wrap-down and improves U-joint life.
- Multiple holes for mounting torque link and dampener shock
- 3/8" holes allow stiffener braces to be added on high horsepower applications
- Laser cut design fits most rear ends. (Some trimming of brackets may be needed depending on housing configurations)
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
BSB Manufacturing 7600 Outlaw Bearing Pull BarPrice: $209.99More Info
Lightweight Biscuit BarMore Info
AFCO 21206X Dual Shaft Urethane Bushing Torque Link$284.99Price: $269.99More Info
AFCO 21207X Three Stage Torque Link$390.99Price: $369.99More Info
Jet Racing AA-96-3 Pull Bar Bracket Pair, 9 InchPrice: $52.99More Info
The outlaw bearing pull bar uses 5" springs. Body length is 9 7/8", min. eye to eye length is 22 1/4", fully extended eye to eye length is 28 1/4".
This IMCA approved lightweight biscuit pull bar comes with an 10" sleeve that gives you a 22" center to center installed length. If a different length is required, simply order different sleeve listed.
Replacement rubber bushings are available in multiple durometer ratings (red "medium" rubbers supplied with bar). Two rubber bushings needed per bar.
- Isolated brake bushing for more effective control on corner entry
- Bind-free design with sealed housing and grease fittings for easy maintenance
- Built-in travel indicator to monitor acceleration travel and deceleration travel
- Heavy duty design to handle open class modified motors
- Add a second brake bushing for even wider brake tuning options
The "three stage" torque link provides adjustable progressive action for ultimate torque control and traction. Torque is absorbed by the coil spring to provide the initial forward bite. As engine torque increases, the poly bushings engage to increase torque to the rear tires. Engagement point of the poly bushings can be adjusted independently from the coil spring to allow for changing track conditions.
Due to its unique twin shaft design the engine side and brake side operate independently. This allows corner entry and exit to be tuned separately. Bushing/spring pre-load is always maintained. Also the brake bushing works more effectively because it's not loaded with engine spring pre-load. The car turns better during decelleration as a result.
Check out these 9 inch pull bar brackets from Jet Racing. They are for use on Jet Modified chassis and others.
- Steel Construction
- Natural Finish
- Weld-on pill bar bracket set
- Sold as Pair