AFCO 3870R Eliminator Rear Double Adj. Shock, 7 In Stroke-Ford/Mercury
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 21 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AFCO Eliminator Twin Tube Adjustable REAR shocks are built specifically for drag racing. Using advanced onboard diagnostics, AFCO developed the Eliminator Series to precisely control your race car at every point on the track. With the easy-to-use, repeatable "click" settings, this shock will give you unsurpassed traction.
By allowing full control over both compression and rebound forces, Double Adjustable shocks give the tuner the ability to fine tune every aspect of the chassis movement to provide the ultimate in acceleration control and overall driveability.
- Body Mount: Tie Bar Mount w/ 2.375" bolt centers
- Shaft Mount: 9/16" Stud (3-1/8" length, 1-1/8" threads, 1-3/4" washers)
See Applications tab for Ford-Mercury chassis fittment.
Item DetailsDouble Adjustable
13.90" Comp, 20.90" Ext
Warning - The chart below is a general guide only. We highly recommend you measure your chassis for proper length and mount points before ordering.
- '72-'79 Fairlane - Torino
- '66-'70 Falcon
- '65-'86 Fullsize
- '81-'82 Granada
- '79-'93 Mustang
- '72-'79 Ranchero
- '67-'79 T-Bird
- '79-'86 Capri
- '80-'82 Cougar
- '74-'79 Cougar
- '65-'86 Fullsize
- '72-'76 Montego
- The rebound adjustment is the most critical in tuning a drag racing set-up. This adjustment allows the tuner to dial in the "un-loading action" of the chassis and keep the tires planted during the critical first 60' down the track.
- Double adjustable shocks are the ultimate tool in the chassis tuner's arsenal. The double adjustments of both compression and rebound dampening are completely independent - changing the setting of one has no effect on the setting of the other.
- Can be used as a coil-over shock with 106-20135D coil-over hardware kit (purchase separate).
- Lightweight aluminum construction also helps dissipate heat
- Rebound settings are adjusted via a shaft-mounted knob with 32 clicks
- Compression settings are adjusted via a body-mounted know with 32 clicks
- Smooth, Ultra Low Friction rod guide
- Low resistance allows internals to function to their fullest potential
- Almost no "stiction" to interfere with putting the power down
- Coil-over Ready w/ purchase of kit 106-20135D
More Like This
AFCO 6270 Silver Series Dirt Late Model Shock-7 Inch, Comp 3-6/Reb 3-6
AFCO 6270SX2 62 Series Dirt Late Model Shock-7 Inch, Comp 3-6/Reb 5-12
AFCO 62736-610Z 62 Series Late Model Shock, 7 Inch, Comp 3-6/Reb 6-10
AFCO 4770LR1 47 Series Twin-Tube Double Adjust Shock-7 Inch, Left Rear
AFCO 3770HSRX2 Alum. Big Adj. Threaded Shock 7 Inch, High Speed Tracks
AFCO 37736-27Z 37 Series Alum Big Adj Threaded Shock, Comp 3-6/Reb 2-7
AFCO 3770Z 37 Series Alum Adj Twin Tube Shock, 7 In., Comp 3-6/Reb 3-6
AFCO 47736-610Z 47 Series Adj Twin Tube Shock 7 Inch Comp 3-6/Reb 6-10
AFCO 47736-36Z 47 Series Adj Twin Tube Shock, 7 Inch, Comp 3-6/Reb 3-6
AFCO 47736-914Z 47 Series Adj Twin Tube Shock 7 Inch Comp 3-6/Reb 9-14