AFCO 20031-2LF Low Friction 63-71 Truck-Style Upper Ball Joint, Tall
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (0)
What's in the Box
AFCO Low Friction Ball Joints are designed with 2 ft. lbs. of resistance, which is the force required to move the stud of the ball joint. Compare this with standard replacement joints, with as high as 50 ft. lbs. of resistance, resulting in a difference you can feel!
The extended lengths of these ball joints dramatically improve the camber curves of the left and right front tires, which improves the ability of a race car to turn. These ball joints also improve a suspension’s roll center location for enhanced high-speed handling and drivability, and they provide a simple means to change front suspension geometry to fine-tune handling.
- Precision-machined to tight tolerances, providing consistent
resistance throughout the travel of the ball joint to deliver
- Frees up suspension for more consistent, repeatable chassis
- Removes suspension bind & allows shock & spring to have
more precise wheel control
- Meets or exceeds standard ball joint strength
- Road inputs are controlled more effectively by the shock and
spring instead of the tire which improves traction
- Improves weight transfer
- Provides more accurate set-ups during vehicle scaling
- Stock appearing
- Lower input steering efforts and faster steering
- Moog type K6024 + 1/2" length
- This ball joint uses the Ford taper found on Mustang II/Pinto spindles. Common on IMCA Modifieds.
- This ball joint will NOT fit the stock taper in a 1963-71 GM truck spindle. To use this with GM-type spindles the upper taper must be reamed with reamer 910-89411.
- Same as 106-20031LF, but with 1/2" taller stud.
Checking Ball Joint Wear (PDF)