216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, Stainless Steel
- This product is discontinued.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The 216/235/261 Chevy Six was built from 1937-1962 in cars and trucks. Our tube steel headers allow you to run a split exhaust. If you wish to run exhaust heat to your intake manifold, these headers include weld-on bungs which can be used to pipe heat to your intake manifold. Includes manifold gaskets, collector gaskets, flanges for the dump tubes, and all hardware.
- 2" outlets
- 1-3/4" and 2" primary tubes
- 7/16" thick head flanges
NOTE: Headers are purposely relieved for additional clearance.
Note: Stainless header tubing when exposed to exhaust temperature will cause the finish to change color which will vary with the exhaust temperature. Please note that the finish of the header when the engine is started, will change to a light champagne color to a darker gold finish and in some instance may even turn dark blue or purple. This can be polished back out when utilizing Blue-away or Simi-chrome polish, but please note that when the headers reach running temperature again, they will immediately change color.
- The fittings welded to these headers are for those that want to use the original type carb heat tube. If you intend to provide heat to your manifold, you will need to drill a hole in the center of one or both of these fittings and run a tube up to the exhaust passages within the intake manifold. If you do not need to heat your intake, do not drill the holes.
- If using the stock clamps, it would be necessary to use shorter studs because of the thickness of the flange on these headers compared to the stock cast iron manifolds. An aftermarket intake manifold would also complicate the stud or bolt length requirements. A spacer may be required to match up the thickness variations between the intake and exhaust manifolds.
More Like This
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, Chrome
Fenton® 1936-1959 Chevy 216/235/261 6-Cylinder Cast Iron Headers
216, 235, 261 Chevy 6 Cylinder Headers, Raw Finish
SuperMaxx 2004-08 Ford Truck 2WD & 4WD Long Tube Headers Only
SuperMaxx 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD Long Tube Headers Only
Dynatech® SuperMaxx 5.7L Dodge/Chrysler LX Long Tube Headers Only
SuperMaxx 1999-06 Chevy/GMC 1500/ Hummer H2 Long Tube Headers Only
SuperMaxx 2005-10 Corvette C6 / Z06 Long Tube Headers Only
Dynatech® SuperMaxx 200-02 Camaro/Firebird Long Tube Headers Only
Dynatech® SuperMaxx 2007-10 Shelby GT500 Long Tube Headers Only
Q & A
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.