1984-91 GM 700R4 Performance Torque Converter, 2000-2400 Stall
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (4)
What's in the Box
Races are won or lost at the starting line, so make sure you come out ahead with a High Performance Torque Converter. Whether you are looking for a street, strip, racing, or just plain heavy duty converter, these units will deliver lasting performance in your GM 700R4 Automatic Overdrive (30 spline). With features like welded internals, oversized bearings, and hardened hubs, you can rest assured that these torque converters are of the highest quality possible.
- 2000-2400 stall - 12" diameter
- 1984-91 GM 700R-4 transmission - 30 spline
All stall ranges will vary depending on the engine setup, vehicle weight, and gear ratios.
12" diameter high stall converters are designed for S/B or B/B cars with performance camshafts and high ratio rear end gears (3.55-3.73 minimum).
Made in the U.S.A.
To learn about how torque converters work and what to consider when purchasing one, check out our tech article. Choosing the Right Torque Converter.
Item DetailsNear stock mildly modified S/B or B/B cars with 300 ft. lbs. torque minimum, weighing 3200-3800 lbs.
- All advertised stall ranges will vary depending on your engine's setup and the weight of your vehicle. If your car is heavier than the recommendation, the stall speed will be higher. If the car is lighter, stall speed will be at a lower RPM.
- Hardened Hub
- Increased durability through the allowance of tighter tolerances and clean fit with transmission seals
- Welded Impeller
- Stronger pump fins to maintain stall speed over the life of the converter
- Heavy-Duty Stators
- Heat treated fins, sprag and race designed to efficiently handle high power loads
- Stator fins are formed, not cut - cut stators can cause severe slippage
- Rapidly dissipates heat - more power to the wheels
- Welded Turbines
- Pre-stressed before welding - more rigid construction
- Heat treated splines
- Aluminum Spacers
- Incorporates aircraft quality aluminum spacers which handle higher loads than fiber spacers found in standard converters
- Oversized Bearings
- High strength stamped bearings absorb shock and extreme abuse better than standard waffle bearings
- High Tech Welds
- Positive-charged, military grade MIG welds for complete fusion of the metal
You may also be interested in:
Aluminum Heatsink Transmission Cooler, 12 InchView$39.99Compare