Power Steering Hose Kit for 1982-88 T-Bird Steering Rack to GM Pump
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Our standard power steering hose assemblies are an inexpensive alternative to the more costly stainless steel braided hose kits. This set adapts a 1982-1988 T-Bird/Cougar rack or our 91034340-POW rack to a GM style pump. Return hose will normally need to be cut to length.The pressure line in this kit has an inverted flare fitting at the pump end along with a 14mm O-ring fitting on the rack end. It also comes with an adaptor so that it can work with an O-ring style (metric) pump fitting. We suggest using power steering pumps 91032922-GM or 910-32908.
- Adapter for the GM pump, to allow it to work with both metric O-ring and standard inverted flare style threads on the power steering pump fitting.
- The fittings that go into the 1982-1988 T-bird rack which are 14mm O-ring (high pressure) and 16mm O-ring (low pressure return) with the smaller O-ring fitting hose end being the pressure side for the rack.
910-32535 Instructions (PDF)
You may also be interested in:
Gotta Show 131101 Mustang/T-Bird Rack & Pinion Power Steering Hose KitMore Info
Ford Mustang II Power Steering TBird Style Rack & PinionMore Info
Maval Ford Low-Flow Lightweight Aluminum Power Steering Pump/ReservoirMore Info
Tuff Stuff Black Chevy Saginaw Power Steering Pump-Reservoir/CapMore Info
These stainless steel braided power steering hose kits will connect 1984-88 T-Bird and 1979-93 Mustang racks to most Ford or GM style internal reservoir power steering pumps. The hoses provide a custom look without the need to buy any additional parts. This kit is designed for drivers side pumps and may require hoses to be trimmed to length.
The kit includes:
- (2) 24" stainless steel braided hoses with 90° ends installed (rack end)
- (1) Banjo bolt assembly for the pressure connection to the pump with 5/8" or 16mm threads
- (1) Custom clamp cover for the return hose which connects to a hose nipple on the pump
- Rack fittings in this kit are one each, 16mm or 5/8"-18, and one each, 14mm or 9/16"-18
617-4835 Instructions (PDF)
Product update: The rebuilt power rack # 910-34340-POW as described here and in our previous catalogs has been phased out and replaced with a new rack # 910-35341
Fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers. Available in manual or power steering. Mount bushings are included with the Power version, but mount bushings are NOT included in the Manual version.
MANUAL: New manual rack and pinion steering assembly for Pinto/Bobcat/Mustang II based front suspensions in street rods and kit cars. 9/16"-26 spline input shaft. 16" mount centers.
POWER: Rebuilt power rack from 1982-88 T-bird. Also fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers. Bushings included. (Can be used with a Saginaw GM power steering pump without any additional valves or inline pressure regulators). Overall width is 45-1/8" with 15-1/2" mount centers. Must use offset bushings (910-34342) to mount to original Mustang II crossmembers. 3/4"-36 spline input shaft.
We offer these brand new lightweight aluminum power steering pumps with a reservoir. Available in either Ford (low flow) or GM (high flow) settings.
- Ford - low flow for Mustang II power rack & pinion and Ford power steering
- GM - high flow for T-Bird power rack & pinion and GM power steering
* AN 6 pressure outlet
* AN 6 return inlet
* 16mm 1.5 pressure outlet
* Hose barb return inlet
Use this Polished V-Belt Pulley sold separately.
These Saginaw power steering pumps from Tuff Stuff come with a new reservoir, billet cap, chrome hardware and new dipstick. Desirable early style 1965-79 pump with threaded and keyed shaft for easy pulley installation. Available in powder coated black or chrome finish. Hoses are available from most local parts stores.
Pump has a 3/8" hose barb for return line and a female 5/8"-18 inverted flare fitting for the high pressure outlet. Pulley not included.
- Saginaw power steering pump with a new reservoir, billet cap, chrome hardware and new dipstick
- Powder coated black or chrome
- Keyed shaft for easy pulley intallation
- Pulleys available in plain, polished, and chrome
- 6" diameter pulleys not included
Works well with small block Chevy engine brackets 916-67920 or 913-32902.