Power Steering Hose Kit for 1982-88 T-Bird Steering Rack to GM Pump
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Our standard power steering hose assemblies are an inexpensive alternative to the more costly stainless steel braided hose kits. This set adapts a 1982-1988 T-Bird/Cougar rack or our 91034340-POW rack to a GM style pump. Return hose will normally need to be cut to length.The pressure line in this kit has an inverted flare fitting at the pump end along with a 14mm O-ring fitting on the rack end. It also comes with an adaptor so that it can work with an O-ring style (metric) pump fitting. We suggest using power steering pumps 91032922-GM or 910-32908.
- Adapter for the GM pump, to allow it to work with both metric O-ring and standard inverted flare style threads on the power steering pump fitting.
- The fittings that go into the 1982-1988 T-bird rack which are 14mm O-ring (high pressure) and 16mm O-ring (low pressure return) with the smaller O-ring fitting hose end being the pressure side for the rack.
910-32535 Instructions (PDF)
You may also be interested in:
Gotta Show 131101 Mustang/T-Bird Rack & Pinion Power Steering Hose KitMore Info
Maval Ford Low-Flow Lightweight Aluminum Power Steering Pump/ReservoirMore Info
Tuff Stuff Black Chevy Saginaw Power Steering Pump-Reservoir/CapMore Info
These stainless steel braided power steering hose kits will connect 1984-88 T-Bird and 1979-93 Mustang racks to most Ford or GM style internal reservoir power steering pumps. The hoses provide a custom look without the need to buy any additional parts. This kit is designed for drivers side pumps and may require hoses to be trimmed to length.
The kit includes:
- (2) 24" stainless steel braided hoses with 90° ends installed (rack end)
- (1) Banjo bolt assembly for the pressure connection to the pump with 5/8" or 16mm threads
- (1) Custom clamp cover for the return hose which connects to a hose nipple on the pump
- Rack fittings in this kit are one each, 16mm or 5/8"-18, and one each, 14mm or 9/16"-18
617-4835 Instructions (PDF)
We offer these brand new lightweight aluminum power steering pumps with a reservoir. Available in either Ford (low flow) or GM (high flow) settings.
- Ford - low flow for Mustang II power rack & pinion and Ford power steering
- GM - high flow for T-Bird power rack & pinion and GM power steering
* AN 6 pressure outlet
* AN 6 return inlet
* 16mm 1.5 pressure outlet
* Hose barb return inlet
Use this Polished V-Belt Pulley sold separately.
These Saginaw power steering pumps from Tuff Stuff come with a new reservoir, billet cap, chrome hardware and new dipstick. Desirable early style 1965-79 pump with threaded and keyed shaft for easy pulley installation. Available in powder coated black or chrome finish. Hoses are available from most local parts stores.
Pump has a 3/8" hose barb for return line and a female 5/8"-18 inverted flare fitting for the high pressure outlet. Pulley not included.
- Saginaw power steering pump with a new reservoir, billet cap, chrome hardware and new dipstick
- Powder coated black or chrome
- Keyed shaft for easy pulley intallation
- Pulleys available in plain, polished, and chrome
- 6" diameter pulleys not included
Works well with small block Chevy engine brackets 916-67920 or 913-32902.