1968-70 Chevelle A-Body Tie Rod & Ball Joint Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A
What's in the Box
We make it easy to order replacement parts for your 1968-1970 GM A-Body. This one part number includes:
- outer tie rods
- tie rod sleeves
- center link
- idler arm
- upper ball joints
- lower ball joints
Item DetailsChevelle A-Body
1968-70 GM A-Body
- Buick (Skylark, Special, Gran Sport & Sport Wagon)
- Chevy (Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino)
- Oldsmobile (442, Cutlass, Hurst Olds)
- Pontiac (LeMans, GTO)
This product has no reviews.
No questions have been asked.
You may also be interested in:
Currie 1968-72 GM A-Body 9 Inch Crate Rearend KitPrice: $1,369.99More InfoCompare
Speedway 1964-72 GM A-Body Chevelle Tubular Control Arms$499.99More InfoCompare
G-Comp 2 Inch Drop Performance Spindles for GM A/F/X-Body Muscle CarsMore InfoCompare
Classic Performance 6872RTCA-K 68-72 GM A-Body Rear Trailing Arm KitPrice: $524.99More InfoCompare
Now you can have the strength and serviceability that Ford drivers have enjoyed for years underneath your GM vehicle. Currie Crate Rearends are built using the stock overall width, pinion offest, and mounting points of your original rear axle housing, making it a 100% bolt-in upgrade. Designed as a bolt-in kit for 1968-72 Chevelle, El Camino, Skylark, Cutlass, LeMans/GTO, and 1970-72 Monte Carlo applications.
- All new 9-Plus heavy duty housing
- Urethane upper control arm busings installed
- 31 spline performance axle shafts
- 61-1/4" width
- Torino-style late model large bearing housing ends
- Third member studs installed
- Axles drilled for stock 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt pattern
- 7/16"-20 wheel studs pressed into axles
- 1/4” thick heavy duty bearing retainer plates
- Tapered Timken style wheel bearings pressed onto axle
Note: Works with Speedway rear disc brake kits, 11" Ford Explorer disc brakes, and Wilwood disc brakes. Third member sold separately.
To learn more about Currie's 9+ rearends, check out these Frequently Asked Questions on 9-Plus Housing (Link)
Need a certain length not found on our site? Check out Currie's 9+ Rearend Calculator to have specially sized axles or rearend housings made for your specific application. Custom orders will be built and processed directly through Currie Enterprizes and shipped to your door. For ease of ordering, please refer to Currie's Dimension Diagram.
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows:
- The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry
- Extended life for rearend components
- Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to add Currie's 9+ Friction Modifier to "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
If you want a superior set of tubular control arms for your GM A-Body car, including 1964-1972 Chevelle, we've got you covered. These control arms are specifically designed to plant the tires to the ground with improved geometry for modern tire design and increased adjustability for street/track performance. A-arm set comes complete with bushings, ball joints, bump stops, and are powder coated black.
- Kit includes both upper and lower control arms
- Complete kit with all new components
- Improved geometry for modern tire design
- Increased adjustability for street/track performance
- Strong and lightweight and polyurethane bushings
Introducing G-Comp GM muscle car performance suspension parts from Speedway Motors. These one-piece forged steel spindles are designed to work with GM A/F/X body cars. GComp spindles are engineered for lower ride height, improved negative camber gain and positive caster gain, plus more adjustable alignment. They correspond with OEM parts and provide an overall 2" drop in ride height.
- Fits 1967-1969 Camaro, 1968-1972 Nova, 1964-1972 Chevelle
- One-piece forged steel construction
- Provides 2-inch dropped ride height
- Upper ball joint raised and relocated to provide added negative camber gain
- Improved alignment adjustability
- Utilizes OEM bolt-on steering arms
- Works with OEM and aftermarket disc brake kits (utilizing OEM disc brake spindle)
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
Classic Performance Products presents its new 1968-1972 Chevelle 4-link rear tubular trailing arm kit. Made from heavy gauge steel, this newly designed kit is stronger than the stock trailing arms and include lock-out plates that keep the rear in perfect alignment. CPP’s upper arms provide a much wider range of adjustment than stock and the lower arms have integrated sway bar mounts for a clean look. Included with the kit is Classic Performance's patented high performance bushings. These self-lubricating bushings can withstand temperatures up to 400°F and guaranteed not to squeak. The sway bar is made from tempered and hardened high-carbon steel then zinc plated and includes mounting brackets. Hardware and complete instructions are included as well. This kit fits all 1968-72 GM “A ” Body cars including Skylark,Cutlass and LeMans/GTO models. This is the perfect rear suspension upgrade for your GM muscle car.
- Steel Construction
- Harware Included
- TIG welded 1-3/4 ” DOM tubular steel
- Sold as Kit
- Fits 1968-72 GM A-Body vehicles (Chevelle, Skylark, Cutlass, LeMans/GTO)
- Recommended for use with 91068722 trailing arm mount braces