1967-1981 Performance Chrysler 727 Torque Converter, 2800-3200 Stall
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Races are won or lost at the starting line, so make sure you come out ahead with a High Performance Torque Converter. Whether you are looking for a street, strip, racing, or just plain heavy duty converter, these units will deliver lasting performance in your 727 Torqueflite. With features like welded internals, oversized bearings, and hardened hubs, you can rest assured that these torque converters are of the highest quality possible.
High stall converters are designed for S/B or B/B cars with performance camshafts and high ratio rear end gears (3.55-3.73 minimum). This converter is 11" and for a 10" flex plate. It has 5/16" bolts but can be drilled and tapped to 7/16".
- 2800-3200 stall - 11" diameter, 24 spline
- 1967-81 Chrysler TF-727
All stall ranges will vary depending on the engine setup, vehicle weight, and gear ratios.
Made in the U.S.A.
To learn about how torque converters work and what to consider when purchasing one, check out our tech article. Choosing the Right Torque Converter.
Item DetailsMildly modified S/B or B/B cars with high rise dual plane intake with 300-400 ft lbs torque, weighing 2900-3600 lbs., cam adv lift about .500" with 3.55-3.73 gears
Chrysler 727 converters are recommended for use on mildly modified 2900-3600 lb. cars with S/B or B/B V-8 with a high rise dual plane intake producing minimum 300-400 ft lbs of torque. Camshaft advertised lift should be about .500" and rear gears in the 3.55 to 3.73 range.
All advertised stall ranges will vary depending on your engine's setup and the weight of your vehicle. If your car is heavier than the recommendation, the stall speed will be higher. If the car is lighter, stall speed will be at a lower RPM.
- Hardened Hub
- Increased durability through the allowance of tighter tolerances and clean fit with transmission seals
- Welded Impeller
- Stronger pump fins to maintain stall speed over the life of the converter
- Heavy-Duty Stators
- Heat treated fins, sprag and race designed to efficiently handle high power loads
- Stator fins are formed, not cut - cut stators can cause severe slippage
- Rapidly dissipates heat - more power to the wheels
- Welded Turbines
- Pre-stressed before welding - more rigid construction
- Heat treated splines
- Aluminum Spacers
- Incorporates aircraft quality aluminum spacers which handle higher loads than fiber spacers found in standard converters
- Oversized Bearings
- High strength stamped bearings absorb shock and extreme abuse better than standard waffle bearings
- High Tech Welds
- Positive-charged, military grade MIG welds for complete fusion of the metal
Q & A
Super Chevy features the Speedway exclusive Lokar Muscle Car Shifter Knob Adapter