1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This Saginaw manual steering box fits many GM applications from 1965-1991 and probably many more. It accepts either our universal pitman arm (702-2940) or your stock GM arm (small style, like our 910-32552). Box has a 25:1 ratio (6.25 turns lock-to-lock) with a 3-13/16" long input shaft with 3/4" 30-splines.
- Input shaft is 3/4"-30 spline
- 6.25 turns lock to lock
- 25:1 ratio
- If you turn the input clockwise, the output also turns clockwise.
- Stock specifications on this gear refer to it as 6 rounds lock to lock for a 24:1 ratio.
- 36 Spline
- 1.058 Diameter Top of Splines
- 1.100 Diameter Middle of Splines
- 1.124 Diameter Bottom of Splines
Note: Steering box is not adjusted at the facotry and therefore, it is necessary that the steering box be adjusted upon installation per the instructions as provided on the PDF instruction sheet.
- This box can fit a lot of GM cars, plus it can work in a variety of street rod applications. When mounted behind the axle with the pitman arm forward, it steers like a Vega box. In many GM cars, it is mounted in front of the front suspension, with the pitman arm to the rear. Works well on vehicles weighing over 2500 lbs.
NotesTop mount hole center to front of box=1.88", lower front mount hole center to front of box=2.50", lower rear mount hole center to front of box=5.38", lower mount hole to hole center=2.81".
More Like This
Maval Manufacturing 8030000 GM 525 Manual Steering Box
Sweet Mfg. 206-06185 6:1 Ratio Steering Box with .185 Inch Valve
1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 3/4 Inch 30-Spline Input
Sweet Mfg 204-08210 Lightweight 700 Series Steering Box, 8:1, .210
Sweet Mfg 204-06185 Lightweight 700 Series Steering Box, 6:1, .185
1964-88 GM 800 Power Steering Box, 13/16 Inch 36-Spline Input
Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
Flaming River FR1541TEC Chrome Tech-T Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.