1965-1989 Small Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, AHC Coated
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A (7)
What's in the Box
These long tube headers work with both automatic or manual transmissions in 1964-1989 Chevrolet chassis. Features 1-5/8" primary tubes, 3" collectors, and fits angled or straight plug S/B Chevy oval exhaust port heads. Built with surface machined thick steel flanges for a great seal and mandrel bent mild steel tubing. These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Available with metallic ceramic coating. Unlike paint or chrome, metallic ceramic coating is easy to keep clean, resists rust and corrosion and will not discolor. Metallic ceramic coating also reduces underhood temperatures.
Headers come with installation hardware, collector reducers, gaskets and instructions.
Header Dimensions Chart (JPEG)
Item DetailsAHC Coated
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1965-1989 Impala, Caprice, Bel Air, Biscayne
- 1967-1981 Camaro (except 1967-69 with factory A/C)
- 1964-1987 Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino
- 1970-1987 Monte Carlo
- Fits D-Port cylinder heads including ZZ4 crate engines
- Does not fit 67-69 Camaro with A/C
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet “Bow-Tie” heads
- Requires removal or modification of locking steering columns if equipped
- Installation requires left side A/C bracket; later vehicles with short compressors can use the stock bracket
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering
- These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300Ëš F.
AHC Warning: AHC coatings will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures over 1300 degrees. A lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures exceeding 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is damaged due to a lean condition, the coating will not be warranted, but can be recoated for a fee.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
You may also be interested in:
Flowtech 31100FLT Long Tube Header, Ceramic CoatedView$324.99Compare
Flowtech 49100FLT Afterburner Headers, PaintedView$238.99Compare