1965-1989 SB Chevy Fullsize Car Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
InfoThese long tube stainless steel headers work with both automatic or manual transmissions in 1964-1989 Chevrolet chassis. Features 1-5/8" primary tubes, 3" collectors, and fits angled or straight plug S/B Chevy oval exhaust port heads. Built with surface machined thick steel flanges for a great seal and mandrel bent mild steel tubing. These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
Headers come with installation hardware, collector reducers, gaskets and instructions.
Header Dimensions Chart (JPEG)
Applications include, but not limited to:
- 1965-1989 Impala, Caprice, Bel Air, Biscayne
- 1967-1981 Camaro (except 1967-69 with factory A/C)
- 1964-1987 Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino
- 1970-1987 Monte Carlo
- Fits D-Port cylinder heads including ZZ4 crate engines
- Does not fit 67-69 Camaro with A/C
- Will fit most angle plug heads including factory Chevrolet “Bow-Tie” heads
- Requires removal or modification of locking steering columns if equipped
- Installation requires left side A/C bracket; later vehicles with short compressors can use the stock bracket
- Will fit Detroit Speed & Engineering front subframes with rack and pinion steering
- These headers are a chassis header and are meant to go inside of the frame rails on the 1965-1989 Chevrolet chassis.
NOTE: Stainless header tubing when exposed to exhaust temperature will cause the finish to change color which will vary with the exhaust temperature. Please note that the finish of the header when the engine is started, will change to a light champagne color to a darker gold finish and in some instance may even turn dark blue or purple. This can be polished back out when utilizing Blue-away or Simi-chrome polish, but please note that when the headers reach running temperature again, they will immediately change color.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, Polished Stainless
1964-1974 Big Block Chevy Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel
SuperMaxx 2004-08 Ford Truck 2WD & 4WD Long Tube Headers Only
Small Block Chevy Clipster Headers, Stainless
1955-57 Chevy Chassis Headers for Rack and Pinion, Stainless Steel
Dynatech® 715-74710 2004 Corvette C5 Long Tube Headers Only
Dynatech® 715-73710 SuperMaxx 2001-03 Corvette C5 Headers Only
Dynatech® SuperMaxx 1997-00 Corvette C5 Long Tube Headers Only
Dynatech® SuperMaxx 1998-99 Camaro/Firebird Long Tube Headers Only
Dynatech® SuperMaxx 6.1L-6.4L Dodge/Chrysler LX Long Tube Headers Only
Q & A
Whether you’re looking for performance improvements or heat reduction, if you decide to wrap your headers, we'll show you the benefits and possible precautions to take before you wrap your exhaust.