1964-72 GM 10-Bolt w/8.2 In Ring Gear Rear End Differential Axle Cover
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Add some visual attitude to your rear axle with these chrome rearend differential covers. They're stamped from heavy-gauge steel to ward off those pesky oil leaks, and chrome plated for long lasting good looks.
GM 10-Bolt 8.2 Inch Rearend Differential Cover
- Full Size Passenger 1964-72 GM
You may also be interested in:
DVD - Richmond Gear Installation InstructionMore Info
Lubrication Engineers SAE 140 Weight Gear Oil, 1 GallonMore Info
Rear Axle BreatherMore Info
GM TH350/TH400 Oil Pan Bolt KitMore Info
8.2/8.5 GM Differential GasketsPrice: $5.99More Info
Shows you how to properly install ring and pinion gear sets. Packed with information for correct installation procedures.
Whether you're running a stock flattie and rearend or hopped-up overhead and quick change, you need to run a good gear lube. Remember that your rearend was designed fifty plus years ago and needs all the help it can get. The biggest improvement you can give it is a lubricant that will allow the gears to survive the highway speeds that cars see today. L.E. gear oil is what we use in our 350 mph streamliner, that uses a V-8 quick change, without failure. The "red stuff" provides superior lubrication for long gear life. You can't win if you don't finish. We suggest 90 weight for the street and 140 weight for extreme uses.
- Formulated using blends of high quality paraffinic and synthetic base fluids
- Contains a highly shear stable tackiness
- Unique blend of base fluids and thermally stable EP additives
- Separates readily from water
- Contains non-silicone defoaming additives
- Contains no solids
- Contains DUOLEC LE's proprietary dual acting liquid wear-reducing and extreme pressure additive
LE Gear Oil Data Sheet (PDF)
This rear axle breather will stop lube from being flung out of rear axle housing. Allows "breathing" of rear axle assembly. 7/16"-20 thread. Polished!
Install with thread sealant or Teflon tape. Can be used on various applications with appropriate plumbing components.
Chrome bolt set for TH-350 and TH-400 automatic transmission oil pans.
- Pressed composite
- Fits GM cover 550-3783 & 550-3789
- 10 bolt GM 8.2 & 8.5 differentials