1964-67 Chevelle A-Body Tie Rod & Ball Joint Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A
What's in the Box
We make it easy to order replacement parts for your 1964-1967 GM A-Body. This one part number includes:
- outer tie rods
- inner tie rods
- tie rod sleeves
- center link
- idler arm
- upper ball joints
- lower ball joints
1964-67 GM A-Body with manual or power steering.
- Buick (Skylark, Special, Gran Sport & Sport Wagon)
- Chevy (Chevelle, Malibu, El Camino)
- Oldsmobile (442, Cutlass)
- Pontiac (LeMans, GTO)
Item DetailsChevelle A-Body
You may also be interested in:
Currie 1964-66 GM A-Body 9 Inch Crate Rearend KitMore Info
Speedway 1964-72 GM A-Body Chevelle Tubular Control Arms$499.99Price: $369.99More Info
Classic Performance 6467RTCA-KB 1964-1967 GM A-Body Tube Trailing Arm KitPrice: $524.99More Info
Now you can have the strength and serviceability that Ford drivers have enjoyed for years underneath your GM vehicle. Currie Crate Rearends are built using the stock overall width, pinion offest, and mounting points of your original rear axle housing, making it a 100% bolt-in upgrade. Designed as a bolt-in kit for 1964-66 Chevelle, El Camino, Skylark, Cutlass, LeMans/GTO applications.
- All new 9-Plus heavy duty housing
- Urethane upper control arm bushings installed
- 31 spline performance axle shafts
- 60-1/4" width
- Torino-style late model large bearing housing ends
- Third member studs installed
- Axles drilled for stock 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt pattern
- 7/16"-20 wheel studs pressed into axles
- 1/4” thick heavy duty bearing retainer plates
- Tapered Timken style wheel bearings pressed onto axle
Note that '64-'66 Chevelles had a flat style spring pad on the housing which was used up to early '67. This housing may be used in your '67, but you must first check the spring pad type to make sure it is the right one for your vehicle.
Note: Works with Speedway rear disc brake kits, 11" Ford Explorer disc brakes, and Wilwood disc brakes. Third member sold separately.
To learn more about Currie's 9+ rearends, check out these Frequently Asked Questions on 9-Plus Housing (Link)
Need a certain length not found on our site? Check out Currie's 9+ Rearend Calculator to have specially sized axles or rearend housings made for your specific application. Custom orders will be built and processed directly through Currie Enterprizes and shipped to your door. For ease of ordering, please refer to Currie's Dimension Diagram.
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows:
- The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry
- Extended life for rearend components
- Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to add Currie's 9+ Friction Modifier to "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
If you want a superior set of tubular control arms for your GM A-Body car, including 1964-1972 Chevelle, we've got you covered. These control arms are specifically designed to plant the tires to the ground with improved geometry for modern tire design and increased adjustability for street/track performance. A-arm set comes complete with bushings, ball joints, bump stops, and are powder coated black.
- Kit includes both upper and lower control arms
- Complete kit with all new components
- Improved geometry for modern tire design
- Increased adjustability for street/track performance
- Strong and lightweight and polyurethane bushings
These new 1964-1967 Chevelle 4-link rear tubular trailing arm kits from Classic Performance are made from heavy gauge steel and are stronger than the stock trailing arms. They include lock-out plates that keep the rear in perfect alignment and the upper arms provide a much wider range of adjustment than stock. The lower arms have integrated sway bar mounts for a clean look. Included with the kit is Classic Performance's patented high performance self-lubricating bushings designed to withstand temperatures up to 400°F and guaranteed not to squeak. The sway bar is made from tempered and hardened high-carbon steel then zinc plated and includes mounting brackets. Hardware and complete instructions are included as well. This kit fits all 1964-67 GM “A ” Body cars including Skylark,Cutlass and LeMans/GTO models. This is the perfect rear suspension upgrade for your GM muscle car.
- Steel construction
- Hardware included
- TIG welded 1-3/4" DOM tubular steel
- Fits 1964-1967 GM A-Body vehicles (Chevelle, Skylark, Cutlass, LeMans/GTO)
- Recommended for use with 910-64672 trailing arm mount braces