1962-67 Chevy II Nova Front End Bolt-On Gasser Axle Suspension Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A (26)
What's in the Box
No cutting or grinding is necessary with these Gasser subframes for your 1962-67 Chevy II Nova. These direct, bolt-in front ends use all the same stock holes that held the original IFS subframe, which includes sturdy upper firewall support tubes from the subframe rails. This adds strength to the subframe structure and supports the 8-bolts that hold the lower rails to the “chassis”. The firewall support tubes bolt directly to the firewall using existing factory holes. These leaf-spring suspensions include everything you'll need to install it into a stock Chevy II Nova chassis in a weekend.
- Allows you to easily turn your 1962-67 Chevy II into a Gasser
- Subframe and firewall supports bolt to factory mounting points
- Comes with frame mounts installed for small block, big block, and LS series engines
- Parallel leaf spring assembly bolts to subframe and supports tube axle
- Springs are heavy enough to support big block applications
- Equipped with Vega steering box and cross-style steering
- Urethane bushings to withstand the punishment of today's streets while providing a comfortable ride
- Kit includes subframe assembly, leaf springs, axle, spindles, new Vega steering box, steering arms, tie rod and drag link
- 56-1/2" track width with Speedway disc brake kit and a 48" axle
- Brake kit and other accessories available separately
- Welding of spring pads to axle will be required
Benefit: This kit will give your Nova or Chevy II that 60's, nose in the air look while still allowing it to be driven comfortably and safely on the street.
Motor Mounts: The subframe comes with frame mounts installed for small block, big block, and LS series engines. Block mounts that mate with the frame brackets are available for all three. S/B and B/B Chevy # 910-18058 block mounts are suggested. For the LS series engine, 910-18058 plus adapter plates # 916-18016 are suggested.
(Note: When installing a Big Block Chevy engine, modification for clearance purposes of the firewall will be required and/or relocating the frame engine mounts forward will also be necessary)
Spring Rating: The springs are heavy enough to support a big block and can be softened by removing one leaf if required for lightweight aluminum small block / LS applications.
Track Width: Track width for these subframe kits is 56-1/2" with Speedway brake kits and a 48" axle.
Bushings: Leaf spring bushings are urethane to withstand the punishment of today's streets while providing a comfortable ride.