1958-64 Chevy Full-size Car Brake Booster Combo, Disc/Disc, Drum/Drum
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (13)
What's in the Box
When you put modern disc brakes on your 1958-1964 Chevy full-size car (Bel-Air, Biscayne, Impala, 150 Series, 210 Series), you should update the master cylinder as well. Stock 4-wheel drum master cylinders do not have the capacity to supply the proper amount of pressure for disc brakes. For best results, we recommend using this simple, bolt-on master cylinder booster kit on all 4-wheel disc brake conversions or as a power brake upgrade for 4-wheel drum brake applications.
- 8" dual diaphragm booster
- 1" bore master cylinder
- Adjustable proportioning valve for rear brake line
- Master cylinder has outlets on both sides for ease of plumbing
- 1/2"-20 and 9/16"-18 outlets
Learn more about selecting the proper master cylinder for your vehicle by reading our tech article. Brake System Selection.
- Will not fit cars equipped with the original generator-mounted power steering pump.
- Front drum-to-disc brake conversions also require a proportioning valve to be installed in the rear brake line circuit. The proportioning valve modulates pressure to the rear brakes which is necessary to prevent the rear brakes from locking up in an emergency stop situation. This kit incudes an adjustable proportioning valve to allow for a proper installation of front disc brakes.
You may also be interested in:
GM/Corvette Cast Iron Master Cylinder, 1 Inch BoreView$49.99Compare
Speedway Drum Brake Residual Valve, 10 PSI, PurpleView$14.99Compare
1955-57 Chevy Car Brake Booster Combo, Disc/DrumView$249.99Compare