1955-57 Chevy Engine Block Side Mount Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Use with engine cushions 910-18012 and transmission crossmember 916-28910 listed below. No welding, but drilling required.
720-4175 Instructions (PDF)
You may also be interested in:
Prothane 7-504-BL Polyurethane S/B or B/B Chevy Motor MountsMore Info
1955-57 Chevy Frame AdaptersPrice: $39.99More Info
3-Bolt Chevy Rubber Motor Mounts for 90 Degree V6, SB/Big Block V8More Info
1955-57 Chevy Transmission Crossmember KitsMore Info
Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car V8 Motor Mount KitMore Info
These black polyurethane motor mounts for S/B and B/B Chevy are much stronger than OE rubber mounts but still reduce vibration.
- Limits unwanted movement thereby putting more power to the wheels
- Tough like solid metal mounts without the vibration and noise
- Resistant to oil, chemicals and road contaminants that typically deteriorate rubber
Specially designed frame adapters allow professional installation of most Chevy V8 engines into your 1955-1957 Chevy passenger car frame. Designed for use with engine mounts and cushion kit found on this page.
These 3-bolt S/B Chevy rubber motor mounts are manufactured to meet or exceed OEM specifications. Fits most 1958-73 Chevy passenger cars with small block V8. Sold as a pair.
- Unique rubber formula provides good abrasion resistance and aging stability
- Ensures maximum life and performance
- Application-specific Durometer (hardness) based on engine weight & torque
- Special Chemlock® bonding agent ensures superior rubber-to-metal bond
On your '55-'57 Chevy car, the front motor mounts are at the front of the block and the rear mount attaches to the bellhousing. This works fine for original use, but makes it hard to swap in a different tranny or add belt driven accessories to the front of the engine. This mount kit is the solution!
- Uses common mounts.
- No welding, but drilling is required.
916-28910 Instructions (pdf)
Side-mount motor mounts are a more rugged mount design than the original front mounts found on your Tri-Five Chevy, plus they allow more room for front drive accessories. Our motor mount kit allows you to side-mount 1958-up S/B Chevy 283-400 c.i. V-8 engines into your 1955, 1956, or 1957 Chevy passenger car. Will also work on 396-454 big block engines.
Includes frame brackets, engine brackets, rubber mount cushions, hardware, and instructions.