Classic Chevy owners will love these 396-502 big block V8 chassis headers for 1955-1957 cars. They have 34"-36" primary tubes for lots of power, but they're tucked close to the body for maximum ground clearance. Requires aftermarket side engine mounts and a rear trans crossmember (rather than stock bellhousing mounts).
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance, even if car is lowered 4"
- Works with automatic transmissions only
- Designed to work with stock steering or 605 power steering box
- Original bellhousing frame mounts must be removed
- Will NOT work if engine is set forward more than 3/4" for firewall/HEI distributor clearance
- Will NOT fit tall-deck (truck) blocks
- Header Dimensions (GIF)
Note: These headers will not work with manual transmissions due to clutch linkage issues.
- Will not fit if engine is located more than 3/4” forward for HEI firewall clearance. Fits with TCI engine mount kit PN 725-7005-80 and with the equivalent Danchuk mounts.
- Header is designed to fit cars using original V-8 pitman arm part number 3719487 not 6 cylinder pitman arm number 3709877. Aftermarket pitman arms must be same configuration as OE for proper header fit.
- Works with A/C, P/B, P/S, and A/T (both column and floor shifters).