1955-57 Big Block Chevy 396-502 Chassis Headers, AHC Ceramic Coated
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A (2)
What's in the Box
Classic Chevy owners will love these big block V8 chassis headers for 1955-1957 cars. They have 34"-36" primary tubes for lots of power, but they're tucked close to the body for maximum ground clearance. The manufacturer says that they won't work with manual transmissions due to clutch linkage issues! These headers are finished with our Armor Hot Coating.
- Quality steel construction
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance, even if car is lowered 4"
- Fits automatic transmissions
- The manufacturer says that they won't work with manual transmissions due to clutch linkage issues!
- Designed to work with 605 power steering box
- Will not work if engine is set forward more than 3/4" for firewall/HEI distributor clearance
- Won't fit tall-deck (truck) blocks
- Needs aftermarket side mounts and a rear trans crossmember (rather than stock bellhousing mounts)
NotesArmor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300¢ª F.
These headers do not fit angle-plug heads. The manufacturer says they will not work with 168-tooth flywheels or with some aftermarket-style starters. They will not work on side-style engine mount conversions that move the engine forward for distributor clearance.
AHC Warning: AHC coatings will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures over 1300 degrees. A lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures exceeding 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is damaged due to a lean condition, the coating will not be warranted, but can be recoated for a fee.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled vehicles
You may also be interested in:
Big Block Chevy to 1955-57 Chevy Engine MountsView$39.99Compare