1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, Plain
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a set.
Q & A (6)
What's in the Box
These Speedway headers allow you to keep the exhaust system under your '55-'57 Chevy car. The "3/4-length" design provides more ground clearance than full-length headers, yet makes more power than "shorty" style headers. These chassis headers fit 283-400 S/B Chevy V8s and has 1-5/8" primary tubes with 2-1/2" collectors.
- Mid-length design offers maximum ground clearance
- Designed to work with stock or 605 power steering box
- Fits cars using an original V-8 pitman arm (some aftermarket arms may cause an interference)
- Will work with side engine mounts with engine in stock location
- Fits standard and Vortec-style small-block Chevy heads (not D-port, LT-1 or ZZ-4)
- Does not work with stock clutch linkage
- The use of a shorty spark plug may aide in clearance between the plug wire and header primary tubes.
(Please use the chart below to help with dimensions.) Drivers side A dimension is 3-1/2" up by the head and 5-5/8" at the collector, B dimension is 15", and C dimension is 21". Passenger side A dimension is 4" at the head and 6-5/8" at the collector, B is 15", and C is 21".
Dimension Chart (GIF)
These headers do not fit angle-plug heads. They do work with a "605"steering box. They work with most any bellhousing and most any motor mounts. Some aftermarket starters may be in the way. Designed to fit cars using an original V-8 pitman arm. Some aftermarket arms may cause an interference.
You may also be interested in:
1955-57 S/B Chevy Fenderwell Headers, AHC CoatedView$699.99Compare
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, ChromeView$289.99Compare
1955-1957 Small Block Chevy Chassis Headers, StainlessView$349.99Compare