Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car Power Steering Box
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This new 500 Series power steering box for 1955-1957 Chevy cars is just the ticket to update your ride. Uses rotary valve technology to give you a superior road feel and driver feedback eliminating leaky, sloppy steering! The 500 Series is truly the best of its kind. It is the only box on the market today manufactured with a one piece housing (no welding), all new parts, uses original pitman arm, and has a 14:1 ratio.
- 3/4"-30 input spline
- Steering ratio is 14:1
- Easy replacement for GM 605 box
- Input shaft is 3/4”-30 spline (the same as the 605 box)
- Sector shaft is 1” 36-4 tapered spline, the same as the original 1955-64 pitman shaft
- Pressure fitting is 7/16" tube (11/16"-18 inverted flare port)
- Return fitting is 3/8" tube (5/8"-18 inverted flare port)
910-32505 Instructions (PDF)
- Overall distance from top of adjuster to end of pitman shaft is 14"
- Length of housing where it bolts to the frame in a 3-bolt pattern is 6-3/8"
- Bolt pattern is 3-3/16" center to center on two holes parallel with pitman shaft
- Bolt pattern is 3-1/8" center to center on two holes perpendicular to pitman shaft
- Overall length of main body from input shaft to end of housing is 11-3/4"
- From tip of input shaft to center of output housing is approx 7-1/2"
- From end of pitman shaft to center of input housing is approx 10-3/4"
More Like This
1955-57 Chevy Power Steering Conversion Kit
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Sweet Mfg. 206-06185 6:1 Ratio Steering Box with .185 Inch Valve
Sweet 1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 12:1, .185 Valve, 3/4In 30-Spline
1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 3/4 Inch 30-Spline Input
KSE Racing KSG7062-185 700 Series Steering Box, 6:1, .185 Valve
Sweet Mfg 204-08210 Lightweight 700 Series Steering Box, 8:1, .210
Sweet Mfg 204-06185 Lightweight 700 Series Steering Box, 6:1, .185
Maval Manufacturing 8030000 GM 525 Manual Steering Box
Q & A
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.