1949-53 Ford Flathead Main Bearings
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Speedway Motors has all the parts you need to rebuild your Flathead Ford V8, including these high quality main bearings. Precision built to the high standards demanded by today's rodders and restorers, these silicon bi-metal bearings are available in standard size, .010", .020", or .030" undersize.
- Improves Crankshaft Finish: Silicon particles reduce/eliminate microscopic ferrite peaks on improperly ground/polished nodular cast iron crankshafts.
- Wear Resistance: During engine operation, silicon particles round off crank journal high spots, reducing friction and related wear.
- Improved oil clearance: Because of reduced wear, silicon bearings make it possible to maintain OE clearances over the life of the engine, which reduces operating noise, vibration, and excess oil flow.
- Tolerance Control: All shells matched to ± .0001" vs. the competitions' ± .00025"
- Temperature Threshold: Silicon bimetal material melts/flakes at 662° F vs. tri-metal at 365° F.
- Corrosion Resistance: Defends against corrosion caused by unleaded fuels and moisture.
- Environmentally Friendly: All KING silicon bimetal engine bearings are "Lead Free".
- O.E. preferred material: Most O.E. engines today use and enjoy the benefits of silicon bimetal bearings.
You may also be interested in:
ARP Main Bolts for Flathead Ford V8More Info
1949-53 Ford Flathead Insert Rod BearingsMore Info
Your flathead Ford V8 is how many years old now? And you're thinking about reusing the main cap bolts? Forget it!
Years of service and re-torquing have undoubtedly fatigued your engine's original fasteners, so save yourself some grief by replacing them with new main cap bolts from ARP, the leader in automotive fastener technology. Sold in sets of six, these bolts have special washers and the strength you need to keep that Flathead together for decades to come.
- The industry standard for automotive fasteners
- Rolled threads, black oxide finish, ultra high tensile strength
- Each kit consists of six (6) bolts and hardened washers
Speedway Motors has all the parts you need to rebuild your Flathead Ford V8, including these high quality aluminum bi-metal rod bearings. Precision built to the high standards demanded by today's rodders and restorers, these insert-style bearings are available in standard size, .010", .020", or .030" undersize.
- Tolerance Control: ± .0001" vs. the competitions' ± .00025"
- Superior Embedability: Material is much thicker than Babbitt overlays (.012" vs. .0008"). This provides greater macro-particle (> .0004" diameter) embedability. Macro particles are most responsible for scratching crank journals & tearing/weakening babbitt overlays.
- Temperature Threshold: Bi-metal withstands 662° F (350° C) compared to tri-metal 365° F (185° C). Affords greater protection against localized overheating due to misalignment, detonation, overloading, loss of coolant, etc.
- Conformability: Minimum depth of .012" enables greater adjustment to bore or journal misalignment without causing bearing failure or journal damage.