1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Double Narrow Belts
Click image to enlarge
Q & A (2)
What's in the Box
Original Flathead water pumps have always suffered from unreliable bronze bushings and carbon seals. They almost always leaked and even Ford manuals warned mechanics not to tighten fan belts too tight. The excess slack allowed belts to slip and lose contact with the generator and water pump pulleys, causing more cooling and power problems.
Speedways completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller and ball bearings, close tolerances and modular impellers to provide maximum flow and reduce cavitation. They also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong and more efficient.
- Ceramic seals on sturdy 3/4" shaft
- High-flow modular impeller reduces cavitation
- Gasket included
- Passenger side pump includes threaded boss for heater hose connection
- Driver side pump does not have heater hose connection
Fits 1949-1953 Ford cars and 1952-1953 Mercurys with 3/8" belt system. Also fits 1953 F-100 Pickups.
Item DetailsGaskets Included
- Passenger-side pump measures 3-9/16" from mounting surface to back of pulley
- Driver-side pump measures 2-3/4" from mounting surface to back of pulley
- Pulleys are non-serviceable