Original flathead water pumps have always suffered from unreliable bronze bushings and carbon seals. They almost always leaked and even Ford manuals warned mechanics not to tighten fan belts too tight. The excess slack allowed belts to slip and lose contact with the generator and water pump pulleys, causing more cooling and power problems.
Speedway's completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller and ball bearings, close tolerances and modular impellers to provide maximum flow and reduce cavitation. They also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong and more efficient.
Note: This water pump is for 1949-1953 engines in 1948-1952 pickups or 1932-1948 cars.
- Flathead Water Pump Features (Link)
- Designed for use with 5/8" belt drive system
- Severe-duty roller and ball bearings
- Ceramic seals on sturdy 3/4" shaft
- High-flow modular impeller reduces cavitation
- Includes gasket and a connection for the heater hose return
1949-1953 Flathead Water Pump Installation Instructions (PDF)
- Used when swapping 1949-1953 engine into 1932-1948 Ford and Mercury cars and trucks
- Also used on stock 1949-1953 Ford pickup applications
Attempts to pull or press pulley will void warranty.
For Wide Belt Application, Gaskets Included