Speedway 1948-52 Ford F1 Half-Ton Pickup Truck Dropped Axle
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Our dropped axles for your classic Ford F1 pickup will get the front end down where you want it. The center portion of the axle is made of 2" DOM tubing while the ends are CNC milled from solid steel. These axles give you 3" of drop on the 48-56 chassis. Tie rod drops required, U-bolts sold separately.
If using this axle in conjunction with drop springs, you may encounter bump steer or tie rod issues.
- 48-52 Ford: 3" drop
- This axle has a 3" drop compared to a stock axle, and features built-in
bosses for shock mounting.
- Dropped tie rod ends 910 48640 are generally required to permit the tie-rod
assy. to clear the springs.
- Further, if you are also using dropped front springs, they may need
to modify their drag-link/pitman arm to prevent bump-steer.
- Kingpin center to center = 50 1/2"
- Spring pad center to center = 29 1/8"
Item Details3" drop
More Like This
Speedway 1947-54 Chevy/GMC Half-Ton Pickup Truck Dropped Axle
Plain Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Ford Spindle
Plain Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Chevy Spindle
Plain 1928-36 Ford 4 Inch Dropped I-Beam Axle, 48 Inches
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop, Stainless
Super Bell Axle 1041 D Bare 46 In. Ford Drilled 4 In. Drop I Beam Axle
Super Bell 1041-DC Chrome 46 Inch Drilled I Beam Ford 4 Inch Drop Axle
1937-1941 Ford 4 Inch Drop I-Beam Axle, Plain
Super Bell Axle 1021-F 48 Inch Filled Axle, 4 Inch Drop
Stainless Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Ford Spindle
Q & A
The Speedway Motors Tech Team created a quick how-to on squaring the front axle of your open wheel race car.