Our dropped axles for your classic Ford F1 pickup will get the front end down where you want it. The center portion of the axle is made of 2" DOM tubing while the ends are CNC milled from solid steel. These axles give you 3" of drop on the '48-'56 chassis. Tie rod drops required, U-bolts sold separately.
If using this axle in conjunction with drop springs, you may encounter bump steer or tie rod issues.
- '48-'52 Ford: 3" drop
- This axle has a 3" drop compared to a stock axle, and features built-in
bosses for shock mounting.
- Dropped tie rod ends 910 48640 are generally required to permit the tie-rod
assy. to clear the springs.
- Further, if you are also using dropped front springs, they may need
to modify their drag-link/pitman arm to prevent bump-steer.
- Kingpin center to center = 50 1/2"
- Spring pad center to center = 29 1/8"