1947-59 Chevy Truck Power Steering Conversion Kit
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
This kit lets you install a 1969-87 Chevy 2WD power steering box with a 13/16"-36 spline input shaft in your 1947-59 Chevy pickup. Included are the pitman arm, steering arm, drag link, collapsible steering shaft and hardware. Welding required.
These kits come with spacers and mounting tabs that are welded to the frame of the pickup to mount the steering box. The original steering column will require alteration and must be welded to the collapsible shaft included in the kit.
910-32132 Instructions (PDF)
910-321321 (1947-1959 kit)
- This kit comes with a 13-16"-36 U-joint to fit the steering box. It connects to a 3/4" DD shaft which would connect to an aftermarket column or a "modified" stock column for this truck. The kit includes a special pitman arm, a special upper arm, a new drag link, plus the aforementioned U-joint and DD shaft.
You may also be interested in:
Head Mount Power Steering Pump Bracket for Short Water PumpMore Info
Small Block Chevy Power Steering Pump BracketMore Info
Tuff Stuff GM Saginaw Power Steering Pump with ReservoirMore Info
These power steering pump brackets are for short water pumps. For mounting Profile or Sweet Pump to small block Chevy V8. Bolt kit included. Anodized purple.
This power steering pump bracket mounts a stock-style GM pump to a S/B Chevy block. Must be used with a short style water pump. Mounts on the lower left side. Bracket is zinc plated with threaded shaft. Designed to work with a '70-'82 GM pump that has a threaded pulley shaft, not a press-on style.
Works with bolt-on or press-on pulleys with a mount spacing of 3.75". Due to the variety of pulley configurations, it is likely that you will have to space the pump/bracket for belt alignment.
Note: This will NOT work when used on early 1970's Chevelle/Camaro chassis with a steering box.
These Saginaw power steering pumps from Tuff Stuff come with a new reservoir, billet cap, chrome hardware and new dipstick. Desirable early style 1965-79 pump with threaded and keyed shaft for easy pulley installation. Available in powder coated black or chrome finish. Hoses are available from most local parts stores.
Pump has a 3/8" hose barb for return line and a female 5/8"-18 inverted flare fitting for the high pressure outlet. Pulley not included.
- Saginaw power steering pump with a new reservoir, billet cap, chrome hardware and new dipstick
- Powder coated black or chrome
- Keyed shaft for easy pulley intallation
- Pulleys available in plain, polished, and chrome
- 6" diameter pulleys not included
Works well with small block Chevy engine brackets 916-67920 or 913-32902.