1947-1954 Chevy Pickup Front Frame Boxing Plates
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A
What's in the Box
When using original or reproduction frame rails, be sure to fully box the front section for strength and saftey. Our front boxing plates are designed to box the frame in critical front suspension attachment points and motor mount areas.
You may also be interested in:
Heidts 1947-54 Chevy Truck Econo Mustang II CrossmemberMore Info
Bolt-In 1947-54 Chevy Pickup Mustang II CrossmemberMore Info
These are Heidt's Mustang II crossmembers for 1947-54 Chevy Pickups. The Chevy models have frames and fenders which lend themselves nicely to Mustang front end conversion, without changing the critical geometry. Chevy IFS kits also come complete with the hard-to-make special brackets, such as radiator perch on certian models, to quickly and easily complete the installation. Like Heidts Ford kits, Chevy kits do not bumpsteer at all. Chevy kits come with a step-by-step, fully-illustrated instruction booklet to ensure that your installation goes as easily as it should! Correct design results in correct camber action – and no bumpsteer.
- Longer tie rod ends aren’t used – ever!
- Mounting points of all control arms match the original Ford design
- Factory anti-drive built right in
- 1947-54 Chevy Pickup frames
- Economy (unground welds)
- Constructed of 7-gauge steel
- Mustang II cross members using stock spindles will drop the stock ride height 3-4”
- Built-in Anti-Dive is all fitted to your frame…No Grinding Required! Nothing to measure or trim…It’s All Done!
- One-Piece Shock Cups are T.I.G. welded in place and have anti-dive built in. First class, for your car.
- Vertical Inner Uprights. This is the strongest design available, with twice the weld area. This will keep your frame from twisting!
- Main crossmember made from only 2 formed pieces for maximum strength and accurate fit.
- Crossmember and Spring Towers precut and pre-welded to fit your frame…Nothing to Measure!
- Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included
- C-Notched plates are included
- Frame Front Boxing Plates are available for added strength/support (91054428)
- Works with manual rack and pinion ONLY
For a LARGER selection at a LOWER price, see Speedway's collection of mustang II crossmembers.
Choose from the crossmembers below and add to an IFS kit to get a "hub to hub" front suspension.
Note: Additional items may be needed to complete installation. You may want to include our Mustang II ride height adjusters (91034444) for installation with these crossmembers to fine tune your final ride height up to 2". Frame boxing plates (91054428) are also available for these crossmembers for added strength and support.
Note: This crossmember is designed to be used with a manual rack only. A "power"rack-and-pinion interferes with the radiator and/or the radiator support brackets.
Our bolt-in Mustang II suspension kit for 1947-1954 Chevy half-ton and 3/4 ton pickups includes all hardware and instructions.
- Completely bolt in - no welding required
- Based on proven Mustang II geometry
- Complete with bolt in boxing plates to reinforce the frame
- Interlocking design for ultimate strength
- Threaded adjusters to fine tune ride height
- Full lower A-arms required with this crossmember (strutless type)
- Requires the use of a power rack and pinion and tubular control arms
- NOT for use with air ride
910-44754 Instructions (PDF)Note: Use bolt-in motor mount kit 910-54754 to mount your S/B Chevy.