1942-48 Ford Composite Leaf Spring Rear Suspension Kit
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Give your 1942-48 fat-fendered Ford state-of-the-art ride and handling with the Speedway composite leaf rear suspension kit. Composite springs are the new wave of performance spring material. They are lighter than steel, respond faster, last up to 5 times longer, and will not rust or corrode like traditional leaf springs. The monoleaf design also ensures noise- and friction-free performance, while providing the softest, smoothest ride imaginable.
Kits include a pair of springs, stainless steel mounting brackets, gas-charged shock absorbers, and hardware. Order optional bolt-on rear sway bar 91643500 for increased handling control.
- Monoleaf design is free of interleaf friction & squeaks
- Springs will not corrode and are paintable
- Stainless brackets can be polished
- Brackets add much needed reinforcement to rear of frame
- Spring rates matched to application
- Smooth ride
- Gas charged shocks
You may also be interested in:
TCI 1935-40 Ford Car, 1935-41 Ford 1/2 Ton Pickup Rear Leaf Spring KitMore Info
Speedway Short Gas-Filled Shocks, ChromePrice: $74.99More Info
Improving the ride and handling of your fat fendered Ford doesn’t have to be difficult – or expenisive. These rear parallel leaf spring kits offer a vastly improved ride compared to your Fords original transverse-leaf suspension, and provide a great way to install an updated rear axle assembly.
- High-quality multi-leaf springs with bolt in mounting brackets
- Modern tube shocks that offer the stability you need in a street rod
- Kits include springs, bolt-on mounting brackets, weld-on axle brackets, shock kit, hardware and instructions.
910-40435 Instructions (PDF)
These high-pressure gas shocks are designed for front or rear axle use. They come complete with 1/2" rubber bushings.
- 9-1/2" compressed length
- 14-1/4" extended length
- 5/8" I.D. eyelets
- Includes 4 steel sleeves with 5/8" O.D. and 1/2" I.D.
- Can be used with 5/8" or 1/2" bolts
Item DetailsCompressed: 9-1/2"