1942-1948 Ford Front Frame Boxing Plates
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a pair.
Q & A (0)
What's in the Box
When using original or reproduction frame rails, be sure to fully box the front section for strength and saftey. Our front boxing plates are designed to box the frame in critical front suspension attachment points and motor mount areas.
Item Details15-7/8" long
You may also be interested in:
Speedway 1941-1948 Ford Mustang II Deluxe Steel CrossmemberView$299.99
Quick ViewQuick View Detailsx
These Speedway Mustang IFS kits for 1941-1948 Fords are natural conversions to improve your vehicles suspension, handling, and overall performance. They retain all the factory dimensions and locations, so you get all the benefit of factory Ford engineering in your front end. There is no need to widen or otherwise modify the Ford design or use long tie rod ends! Included in these kits are illustrated installation instructions.
- 1941-1948 Ford passenger car frames
- All Speedway crossmembers come in Deluxe versions (welds ground)
- Constructed of 7-gauge steel
- Mustang II cross members using stock spindles will drop the stock ride height 3-4”
- One-Piece Shock Cups are T.I.G. welded in place and have anti-dive built in.
- Vertical Inner Uprights. This is the strongest design available, with twice the weld area. This will keep your frame from twisting!
- Lower control arm pivot tubes and gussets are NOT included
- Frame Front Boxing Plates are available for added strength/support (91054424)
- Works with both manual or power rack and pinions
Choose from the crossmembers below and add to an IFS kit to get a "hub to hub" front suspension.
Note: Additional items may be needed to complete installation. You may want to include our Mustang II ride height adjusters (91034444) for installation with these crossmembers to fine tune your final ride height up to 2". Frame boxing plates (91054424) are also available for these crossmembers for added strength and support.
Note: When using this crossmember with our "power" steering rack, you may also need (2) rack spacers (9101023). (These spacers are included with our Mustang II suspension kits.)
Item Details1941-48 Ford Car
Complete installation may require you to purchase corresponding a-arms, shocks, springs, brake kit, spindles, and steering rack and pinionCompare