1932 Ford Steel Fuel Tanks
Click image to enlarge
Q & A
What's in the Box
Our steel fuel tanks accept aftermarket sending units and are an easy bolt-in installation.
This tank comes with pick up assembly with three lines (one outlet, one return & one vent line). Has spot for typical aftermarket 5-bolt sender.
Bolt-in pickup assembly has three outlets:
- one for pickup
- one for return
- one for vent
Also includes a hole towards the front (in line with the pickup) that is designed for a standard aftermarket sending unit. It has the typical 5-bolt pattern and accepts Stewart Warner, Auto-Meter and other fuel sending units from aftermarkets suppliers.
- Tank is approximately 38-3/4" wide including perimeter flange
- Overall length front to rear at the widest point is 15-3/4", including an extended flange area on about a third of the front edge for an additional 3/4"
- Majority of tank depth front to rear is 15"
- Overall height is approximately 9"
- Filler neck is welded in at the stock location
- The perimeter flange is designed to lay on top of the rails and has two mounting holes on the driver's side that are approximately 7-3/8" center to center and in from the edge about 1/2"
- There is additional hole marked, but not punched, between these holes
- On the passenger side, there is one mounting hole and two marked holes at the same 7-3/8" spacing as the driver's side
- The rear flange drops straight downward about 1-1/4"
- The extended front flange has two 3/8" attachment holes pre-punched
- Remainder of perimeter flange is approximately 1" wide and the mounting holes are in 1/2" from the sides
You may also be interested in:
Tanks Inc 32P 1932 Ford Polyethylene Gas TankPrice: $329.99More Info
1932 Ford Style Fuel Tank for 1928-31 Model APrice: $599.99More Info
1932-48 Ford Stainless Gas Tank CapPrice: $18.99More Info
Stewart Warner 385C-F R Swing 6-12 Fuel Level Sending Unit, 240/33 OhmMore Info
This inexpensive, 14 gallon capacity poly tank comes with a fiberglass cover and a bolt-on steel neck with a billet cap. The neck and cover can be painted to match your car for a total original look. (The bottom of tank will be a contrasting black).
This tank also features a top mounted pick-up tube, internal baffling, roll over vent valve, sender mount for all aftermarket senders, and has been leak tested.
Note: Frame/Cross bar shown in photo are for installation/photo purposes only and are not included with this tank.
Upgrade the fuel system on your Model A with these specially made fuel tank kits for 1928-31 Fords. They feature the 1932 Ford tank design but are made to work with 1928-31 Model A applications. Easy bolt-on installation and quality steel construction make these fuel tanks the perfect addition to your street rod.
- Steel tank 9" deep with brackets and spreader bar
- Fits 28-31 Model A
- Pickup/Vent plate and hardware included
- Accepts both left or right swing 5-bolt fuel sending unit such as 275-235
This stainless steel 1932-48 Ford gas cap fits in a fuel neck that is 1-7/8" inside and 2-1/8" across the lock tabs. Cap is vented.
What brand of gauge will you use?
This Stewart Warner brand fuel sender is compatible with all Stewart Warner and Classic Instruments fuel gauges.
How deep is your tank?
Measure the depth of your tank where the fuel sender arm will be located. Choose the sender with an operating range which includes that dimension.
Right or Left-swing arm?
Most fuel gauge senders attach with a 5-screw pattern. Two of these screws are farther apart than the other three. Position yourself such that the 2 wider-spaced holes are closest to your chest; a right side sender will have the arm (or "float") extending to your right, and a left side sender will have the arm extending to your left. This only matters when replacing an existing sender. A first-time installation can use either one, just drill the mounting holes accordingly.
LH/RH Swing Guide (Link)
The OEMs used several different resistance ranges for fuel level indication over the years. However, some of the aftermarket gauge manufacturers follow the common Stewart Warner values (240 ohm empty, 33 ohm full). The gauges and senders that we carry (385 & 391’s) use these standard Stewart Warner values.
Ohms Chart (Link)