1928-31 Ford Model A Transmission Mount for GM Transmission
Click image to enlarge
Please NOTE the following about this product:
- This item is sold as a kit.
Q & A
What's in the Box
Our crossmember kit makes it easy to mount a GM transmission in your '28-'31 Model A frame. This is the same one that you have seen in our assembled "Model A" frames. Transmission mount plate is to be used with a two-bolt transmission mount cushion.
- 30" wide
- 2 x 3" Square tubing
- 8-3/8" from top of tubing to top of plate (top of the crossmember to the trans mount surface)
- Top of crossmember to mounting holes: 2-7/8"
You may also be interested in:
Rubber GM Transmission CushionMore Info
1928-31 Ford Model A Dropped Transmission MountMore Info
Model A Rear CrossmemberMore Info
1928-31 Ford Model A Frame RailsPrice: $499.99More Info
Ford C4-Ford C6 Transmission CushionsMore Info
OEM-style rubber transmission cushion for many '58-'82 GM transmissions including TH350 auto, Muncie, Saginaw, and others.
- Meets or exceeds OEM specifications
- Rubber formulation provides abrasion resistance and aging stability
- Tough, hardened steel plate & inserts
- Chemlock® bonding agent ensures superior rubber-to-metal bond
Our dropped transmission mount makes it easy to mount a GM transmission in your '28-'31 Model A frame. This is the same one that you have seen in our assembled "Model A" frames. Transmission mount plate is to be used with a two-bolt transmission mount cushion.
- Approximate 6" drop
Rear frame crossmember as seen on our 916-57045 complete Model A Frame.
This piece is designed to work with "pinched" aftermarket frames, but can easily be made to work with original 28-31 frames with slight modification.
- '28-'31 Ford rails
- Laser cut from 11 gauge pickled and oiled steel plate
- Welded on a rail fixture
- Ground and sanded with 50 grit
The studs on the Ford C4 or Ford C6 tranny mount are 10mm x 1.5 thread. It is a standard replacement mount that fits most Fords and is not uncommon, as metric fasteners have been used on domestic vehicles for over 25 years. For Ford C4 and Ford C6 application.
The slots in the crossmember will require a little grinding to use this mount.